Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Genie of the Ring

Yesterday I shared the cards I made for all the kids in my daughter's theater camp.  Today I wanted to share the card I made just for her.
They performed the play, The Magical Lamp of Aladdin and in the show my daughter's main role was The Genie of the Ring.  It made sense that I make her a giant ring card.
I welded two large ring bases together to create my card and using Design Studio added a score line.
I am very fond of not having to glue small letters onto my cards anymore.  I just use the print and cut feature to make sure my words look just how I want them to.
Once I had my card base all set, I cut out the rings using a fun shiny paper I had in my stash.  I repeated the ring for the inside on top of an additional print and cut message.  I had been joking for a week that I would make her a large ring.  She was happy with this.
Thanks for stopping by for a visit.  As always I love to hear your thoughts on my projects.

Supplies:
- Sweethearts Cricut Cartridge - ring
- Aladdin font from dafont.com
- Circle for print and cut form Design Studio

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Every girl is going to want a ring this size! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful treat for all those girls. Have a blessed day Have a safe 4th

    DIANA L.

    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.