Monday, July 15, 2013

Setting the Scene with Fantabulous Cricut

Good day all.  Hope you have had a relaxing weekend...maybe at the beach...
Challenge #169 at Fantabulous Cricut is Set the Scene! Create a mini scene on your project. Make sure you use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project. I decided that a summer beach theme would work well for this challenge and staring at this pile of left over paper on my craft desk made it happen.
I grabbed the sandy looking craft paper and some blue and using my Fiskars edger and a Dew Drop ink I made my mini beaches.
After creating the base for the cards I selected a few images from the Life is a Beach cartridge to create each "scene". Rather then cut the layers on both chairs I used a colored pencil to go over the lines in both.
The final touch were the stamps from the Pink By Design, Summer Vacation set.

I hope you can join us for this week's challenge at Fantabulous Cricut. Make sure to head over to see what the other Design Team members have created for you as inspiration.

13 comments:

  1. Love your multiple card scene. Fun idea. Thank you.
    Sauni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scene card. Great job on the sand distress.

    Dt member

    Catarina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great scene and details the sand looks so real !! Great job ! Thank you for inspiring !

    Mayra
    MayrasDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beach scene--makes me want to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your beach scene, both your cards are great!!!

    JoNeita, FCCB DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Beaches! Love the layered effect you created. Great job this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great beach cards! I love the fabulous, summertime scenes you created. Sure makes me wish I was at the beach - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. L.B. - I love your cards and the tip about going over the layer lines with pencil rather than cutting them. Its always great to see your creations!
    jilliene designing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! Love anything beachy!
    Scrappy hugs, Connie DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute cards, I really like how you did the edges on the sand, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute cards! Makes you want to go to the beach!!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.